Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Once upon a time, my delicate tastebuds couldn't handle anything spicier than mashed potatoes.  Ketchup, salt and pepper comprised my entire condiment repertoire.  Then I was inadvertently introduced to the spicy side of cooking, and I was hooked: indian curries, buffalo sauce, even habanero salsa.  None of it is too spicy for me!

So imagine my delight when I found that one of my favorite Buffalo chicken treats is actually low-carb!  Of course, I can't eat it with crackers anymore, but a spoon works just as well.  If you like celery, I imagine this would be a perfect partner.



Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 - 12.5oz canned chicken
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce (more or less to taste)
1- 8oz package cream cheese
2 Tbsp Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Warm the cream cheese in the microwave till soft.  Combine it with all the ingredients except the cheddar cheese in an oven safe dish.  Bake at 350 about 15 minutes; top with cheese and bake another 10 minutes or till cheese is melted.



In a pinch, you can halve the recipe and just cook it all together in the microwave-safe dish for a quick snack.  I just did, and I have no regrets.

2 comments:

  1. This is yummy! What do you dip it with? I did celery but looking for other suggestions. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. best keto diet book keto diet bread Healthy Meal ARRANGE FOR Weight LossTHIS 5-Day time SAMPLE MEAL ARRANGE FOR WEIGHT LOSS IS ABOUT CONSUMING MORE, NOT LESS.You learn about plenty of healthy, filling meals and snack foods that will help you not merely weigh less but also experience your very best.By switching from a plate of cold, dried cereal to one of warm whole-grain cereal and fruit, you’d take in approximately 100 fewer calories each day. That one simple change to your daily food diet could help drop about 10 pounds in a single year. Plus, scorching cereal has more “stamina.” It will fill up you up better - and much longer - than dried cereal. keto os fat loss
    http://www.cureidea.com/

    ReplyDelete