Thursday, June 21, 2012

Keto Diary

OK, I'm running short on time and don't have a recipe for you. Instead, I thought I'd give you all a run-down of what I've eaten today.

Breakfast
Almond-Blueberry Pancakes sprinkled with stevia
Scrambled eggs
Small glass of milk

Lunch
I really wasn't hungry.  I had a chunk of sharp cheddar and a zero-carb grape soda (I do splurge on them sometimes)

Snack
2 small blocks of 85% dark chocolate (only 6 net carbs)  I guess I'm feeling decadent today!

Dinner
2 pork chops (from my home raised pigs, they are scrumptious and just dripping with the tastiest fat ever)
Green beans with butter
Large glass of milk 

I didn't drink nearly enough water today, especially since the temps were over 90, but otherwise this is a pretty typical keto day for me.  Oddly enough,Thursdays tend to be my "cheat" days; those days I allow myself some sweet stuff, though I still try to keep the carb count down.  I don't know why I always am in the mood for sweets on Thursdays, but since I take 1 cheat day per week it works out rather well.  I think this approach will help me not take a cheat month like I did last year around the holidays.  Bad idea.  Greatly regret it.

Anyway, that was my day!  I need to go now, I'm getting grease all over the keyboard.

1 comment: